Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Funday!


No morels! I should have read the blogs before heading out but it seems like next week will be perfect with a few storms and warmer weather. Today was just too cold. Oh well, c'est la vie, ay? This just gives me more time to clean. Chris works a double and my goal is to have the apartment immaculate. All the furniture needs to be moved and swept behind, ceilings dusted, dishes washed and the craft room might need some help from FEMA and the Red Cross. IT'S THAT BAD!!! I have so many half projects going on and need to finish them or box them up because the next big projects are already beginning. For Mother and Father's Days I am trying to find something really amazing for them. OK Mom and Dad, stop reading right now, the rest isn't important................................................ For Mom, I'm getting 4-5 huge planters and planting heirloom tomatoes, peppers and a variety herbs in them. If you haven't been to Loew's, Home Depot or any other Garden center in the past few years you probably haven't seen the spectacular, resin pots from Southern Patio Inc. They come in a wide variety of colors and because they aren't ceramic they are so light and durable. It's best when planting anything that requires lot's of water to use a non porous pot but still allowing a few drainage holes in the bottom. This is just one of the colors I have chosen for Mom's gift and don't you think she'll just love it? I do. Especially with gorgeous heirloom hybrids from Burpey's. If anyone is doing a similar project for their mother, remember to get your orders in before it's too late. Of course if you do run out of time, there are other nursery's that carry heirloom plants but you'll have less to select from and probably will end up paying a little more. It's ok, she's worth the extra $10. On top of the container garden I plan on making another recipe box, tomato themed of course and filling it with recipes that will utilize her crops. I think it will be darling and she'll hopefully be surprised... Mom I hope you haven't ruined your surprise! Anyway, for Dad I am scanning all of the family photos... and there are thousands. After all the photos are organized and scanned, they will be transferred onto discs for Dad (I'll also make several back ups for safe-keeping just in case anything should ever happen to the originals.) I also want to get my sister's in on this and all get together to put the pictures into photo albums, something Dad has been talking about for years. We should also update the old albums and eliminate that old "magnetic" paper he used. I just think a night scrap booking with the girls, some pizza and pinot grigio would be a recipe for too much fun. Girls, what do you think? It's virtually inexpensive but something that he'll cry over, not that that's too difficult, am I right or am I right? So those are the plans for them and oh where did this all begin... oh, the craft room. Yes, I need to clean it so I can utilize my table and tools. So why am I sitting here tell you all this, I need to get cleaning.


Oh, I couldn't pass up posting the picture of me as a child with one of my bountiful harvests. I would load up my old red wagon and go door to door selling fresh vegetables to my neighbors.

2 comments:

  1. I want that flower pot. We are buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and yes! Wine, pizza, and old photos? Let's not forget a constant running of "Clue" and "Troop Beverly Hills" in the background. Your ideas are fantastic. Not to sound like Dad or risk tearing up or anything (yes, Dad could cry over an unflushed toilet these days), but I'm really proud of you. Love.

    ReplyDelete