Monday, April 12, 2010

Orchids and Chicken, finger lickin good.

I took a little detour from cleaning yesterday as soon as I discovered a yellow ceramic vase I found while antique hunting ages ago. I had really wanted to do a tulip arrangement (all violets would have been really striking) but 3-4 dozen tulips somehow didn't find it's way into the budget this month. Instead I repotted my youngest orchids in the vintage pot. Hopefully with a little room to stretch their roots, these guys will go into full bloom. We're keeping our fingers crossed. If you're planting anything in a container without drainage holes remember to ad 1-2" of pea gravel in the bottom and water sparingly. This will prevent root rot and keep the plant happy and healthy. They really do look spectacular in our library and I'm sure they appreciate the change of venue. Tonight I kicked off my dinner plan with fried chicken sandwiches and broccoli drizzled but kind of drowning in browned garlic butter. So far so good, I'm starting like I usually do, optimistic. But the hard part is coming, I just have to stick with it and use what we have rather than jumping on grubhub. It's just too easy, g-dangit. Seriously, after a long day of pooper scooping and torture by bark sometimes I just don't feel like cooking. Well now I will have to! I really do, hold me to this people. In the past I have made it a few weeks before "delivery" finds it's way back into my vocabulary. So we'll just see. OK people I have to get to those dishes so I won't have 2 loads tomorrow. Hope you're Monday wasn't too dreadful.

2 comments:

  1. Listen mister, you have to stick with this. Otherwise, I won't have fun things to read all week. And, I need you to teach me how to cook. So, no delivery for you! (In a few months, you can come over to where ever I live for lots of carry out.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will, we can do cooking classes every sunday while we prepare family dinners.

    ReplyDelete