Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'd smother you in Hollandaise if I could...

I prepared the last Morels from the weekend hunt by pan frying with butter, salt and pepper. I built an Eggs Benedict-ish thing using stale sourdough for the muffin and the morels for the Canadian bacon. It was delicious. The Hollandaise was right on and the eggs, while over cooked (I couldn't locate the damn slotted spoon. BAH!) were so round and perfect. It was a sight right out of Martha Stewart Living. Of course I couldn't wait for pictures and scarfed it down. I kind of regret not snapping one but I really regret that I poured practically every drop of Hollandaise over my plate... the recipe called for 1 stick of butter, YIKES! Oh well, butter is dairy and I guess that can be my recommended serving for the day, right?

1 comment:

  1. Billy, Hollandaise sauce is part of the food pyramid, you didn't know? If it didn't have at LEAST one stick of butter in it, it would be GARBAGE.

    ReplyDelete